- What Types of Personal Information Does Borderfree Collect?
- What Cookies and Other Technologies Does Borderfree Use?
- How Does Borderfree Use and Share Your Information?
- How Does Borderfree Handle, Store and Secure Your Information?
- How Can You Make Choices About Receiving Marketing, Promotional and Other Information?
- What You Should Understand About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Are Children Allowed to Use Borderfree?
- Do We Conduct Questionnaires, Panels, Contests, or Sweepstakes?
- Does Borderfree Transfer Your Data Cross Border?
- What Are Your Rights?
- What are the Terms & Conditions and Dispute Resolution?
We collect, store, and use information that you provide directly to us and information we acquire in other ways, each as detailed immediately below.
- Information We Acquire From You Directly. We acquire information from you when you (a) provide information via any of the Borderfree Websites, including any user accounts as more fully described in our Terms & Conditions, (b) interact with any of Borderfree’s checkouts, (c) participate in any Borderfree questionnaires, panels, contests, or sweepstakes, (d) communicate or interact with Borderfree customer service (via email, mail, courier, fax, web form, and/or phone) and/or (e) engage in any other electronic or oral conversation with an employee, contractor or agent of Borderfree. Through these channels, you might provide us with information about you, information about the recipient of any merchandise you are ordering and/or having shipped, including, in either case, names, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, genders, birthdays, marketing preferences, personal interests, credit card information, and other financial information, including driver's license numbers, CPF numbers, and passport information.
- Identifying you when you sign in to a Borderfree Website. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations and to display personalized content, among other customized features and services we provide;
- Collecting anonymous statistical information about how you use Borderfree Websites including how long you spend on the Borderfree Website and where you have come to the Borderfree Website from so we can improve the Borderfree Websites and learn which parts are most popular with visitors;
- Tracking items in your shopping basket;
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Borderfree’s products and services;
- Preventing fraudulent activities; and
- Improving security.
These cookies and other technologies may include first party cookies (i.e., those placed by the website being visited) and third party cookies (i.e., those placed by a website other than the one being visited), Local Shared Objects (commonly referred to as "Flash Cookies") and tracking pixels (including transparent or clear gifs).
Cookies can either expire at the end of a session ("Session Cookies") or be persistent and last through multiple sessions ("Persistent Cookies"). Session Cookies can be helpful for remembering items you put in your shopping cart as you browse the site, or for security reasons when you are providing financial information. Persistent Cookies are stored on your device in between sessions, which allows for your preferences or actions to be remembered and used on a website (or in some cases across different websites). Persistent Cookies may be helpful in remembering your preferences and choices when using a website or to ensure advertising messages are more relevant to you.
Cookies are useful because they allow us to recognize your device and provide you with a high level of service and relevant offers. If you do not wish to have cookies be used when interacting with Borderfree or its partners, many web browsers allow you to stop accepting cookies and/or warn you when a third party is trying to transfer a cookie to you. You can take additional steps to disable or delete similar data, such as Flash Cookies, by modifying the "add-on" settings on your browser. You can learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies by clicking here. However, please note that certain cookies are required for you to be able to take advantage of some of Borderfree's important functions. For example, if you do not allow our cookies, you may not be able to purchase items from one of our checkouts.
Our cookie types
- Analytics – These cookies allow us to better understand how our websites and pages are used so that we can improve our services.
- Functional – These cookies provide our systems the ability to perform key functions such as processing payments. Without these cookies major functions on the websites would not be possible.
- Advertising and Tracking – These cookies allow us to understand the efficacy of our advertising and affiliate campaigns. Additionally, these cookies may allow us to target and advertise to you outside of our own sites.
- Session – These cookies provide us the ability to link your actions across multiple pages. These cookies are required for important functionality like checkout.
- Service Provider. Borderfree may provide your personal information to certain service providers, in connection with the fulfillment of your purchase instructions, including but not limited to delivery agents, email service providers to send you emails on our behalf, customer support providers to process your feedback, customs brokers, international revenue authorities and fraud management parties. Borderfree will always attempt to limit the information we provide to be what is reasonably sufficient for those service providers to carry out their responsibilities as they relate to the fulfillment of your purchase instructions, and to subscribe you to any Borderfree and/or third party marketing messages you opt-in to receive. Borderfree may provide you with certain services, including payment processing services, either directly or indirectly through its affiliates or subsidiaries, including without limitation: Borderfree, Inc., located at 292 Madison Avenue, 5F, New York, NY 10017; Pitney Bowes PayCo Holdings Limited, located at 51/52 Fitzwilliam Square West, Dublin 2, Ireland; Pitney Bowes Inc., located at 3001 Summer Street, Stamford, Connecticut 06926; Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Limited and Pitney Bowes PayCo Australia PTY Limited, located at 95 St. Hilliers Road, Auburn NSW 2144, AU, Australia; Pitney Bowes Canada PayCo Limited, located at 181 Bay Street, Suite 2100, Toronto, ON, M5J 2T3, Canada; Pitney Bowes PayCo UK Limited, located at Building 5 Trident Place, Hatfield Business Park, Mosquito Way, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9UJ, United Kingdom; Pitney Bowes PayCo Hong Kong Limited, located at 1401 Hutchison House, 10 Harcourt Road, Hong Kong; Pitney Bowes PayCo Japan KK, located at Gotenyama Trust Tower, 7-35, Kitashinagawa 4-chome, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan; Pitney Bowes PayCo Korea Limited, located at Pan Ocean Building, 102 Jundang-daero, Jung-gu, Busan, Korea; Pitney Bowes PayCo Singapore Pte Ltd, located at 8 Marine Boulevard, #05-02, Marina Bay Financial Centre, 018981, Singapore; Pitney Bowes PayCo Switzerland GmbH, located at Steigstrasse 26, CH-8406 Winterthur, Switzerland; Pitney Bowes PayCo EMR Limited, located at PO Box 9371, Dubai, United Arab Emirates; and Pitney Bowes PayCo México, S. de R.L. de C.V., located at Bosque de Ciruelos 180, PP 101, Bosques de la Lomas, 11700 Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico. You hereby acknowledge and agree that Borderfree may carry out such services through Borderfree’s related entities, which may include affiliates and subsidiaries in your country, and provide your personal information to such related entities for the purpose of providing said services.
- Your Comments, Photos and Videos. If and when you submit or upload a comment, photo or video to the Borderfree Website, you are authorizing Borderfree to use, publish, and otherwise reproduce, modify and distribute your content with or without your name in perpetuity, worldwide in any and all Borderfree related media for any lawful purpose. Please do not upload or post any comments, photos or videos other than your own unless you have the owner’s permission. If individuals other than you appear in a photo or video, you must have the individuals’ permission to use the photo or video (or their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission if a minor).
- Borderfree's Protection. We will disclose your personal information as required by law, when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements and to protect the rights of Borderfree.
- Business Transition. In the event Borderfree goes through a business transition, such as a merger with or acquisition by another company, sale of all or a portion of our assets or brands, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred.
- Aggregated Content. We may also share "aggregated/blinded" information with our merchant partners, PR agencies, advertising agencies, and other third parties. By "aggregated/blinded" information we mean, information from multiple users that contains only zip codes, purchasing amounts, products, brands, categories, merchants involved, timing of transactions/usage and frequency of usage – with no other private information or identifying information included.
In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar events, certain information in our possession may be transferred to our successor or assign and you consent to such a transfer.
The security of your password is key to the security of your data. We recommend that you do not share, reuse, or store any of your passwords with anyone else.
Borderfree may send you marketing, promotional or other information. In certain cases, when interacting with Borderfree, you may be provided with a choice to opt-in or opt-out of receiving such information. In other cases, you will not be presented this choice. If you, at any time, choose to opt-out of receiving such information, we will abide by that marketing preference. Moreover, at any time (no matter what you have chosen or informed us of in the past), you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing a marketing preference or updating or requesting the deletion of your personal information -- we will abide by that preference and update your personal information accordingly. We will respond to your requests regarding your personal information within 30 days. You may of course also follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communications you receive from Borderfree.
If you have previously opted-in to receive such information from us or a specific third party, declining to opt-in at any future time for us or that third party will not be treated as an opt-out for your marketing preference.
Kindly note that no matter what your marketing preferences are, we may contact you to acknowledge, confirm or fulfill any order that you place, to respond to you or for other legitimate business reasons.
Borderfree does not allow anyone under the age of 18 to take part in any of its services. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use the Borderfree Websites or its associated services. To be clear, but not to limit what you are not allowed to do, if you are under 18, you may not make purchases from Borderfree or any of its partners, you may not click through to any of our partners’ websites, and you may not take part in any surveys, panels or the like.
We may provide you the opportunity to participate in questionnaires, panels, contests, or sweepstakes. Participation in these questionnaires, panels, contests, or sweepstakes is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose information. We use this information to notify contest winners, award prizes, monitor website traffic, personalize the Borderfree Websites, or for other legitimate business reasons.
We may use a third party service provider to conduct these questionnaires, panels, contests, or sweepstakes. That company is prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose without your express consent.
Borderfree adheres to applicable laws and regulations regarding your personal information moving across geographical and jurisdictional borders. This includes the use of data transfer agreements and model contractual clauses, where available, between our corporate entities, our partners and our clients where required.
If you have a ship-to address in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, we will on request provide you with a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information and update non-historical information to reflect certain changes. Furthermore, you have the right to request that we delete personal information held by us to the extent that we do not need to retain such personal information to comply with legal or regulatory reasons. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to make a request to Borderfree regarding the personal information about you held by Borderfree, you may complete a form located at: https://www.borderfree.com/data-request/en.